Home > Tonami Sankyoson Museum
History and Outline
The scene of Sankyoson (the disperse-houses village) of Tonami plains is said to be one of the scenes on behalf of rice growing farm village of Japan. This museum was opened in order to preserve the scene in good condition and create local turnout by introducing the traditional culture to reach the district all over the country.
Collection and Exhibition
・Information Hall・・・The photo exhibition of the disperse-houses village.
・Tradition Hall・・・ The exhibition of the restored traditional Azuma-dachi house which located in the Tonami disperse-houses
village in early stages of Taisho era.
・Communication Hall・・・The exhibition of the sample Azuma-dachi house which was remodeled and enabled two or three generation living together.
- 80 Taroumaru, Tonami-shi, Toyama-ken 939-1362 Japan
- +81 763-34-7180
- 9:00am-9:00pm (The traditional implements room is opened until 6:00pm.)
- Wednesdays (except national holidays), the 3rd Thursday (except national holiday), 29Dec.-3Jan.
- Parking provided (capacity of 50 cars)
About 5-minute by car from Tonami Station on the JR Johana Line.
About 5-minute by car from the Tonami IC on the Hokuriku Expressway.
- There are “the Tradition Hall”, “the Communication Hall” and “the Information Hall” in this museum.